Around 94% of B2B sales and marketing leaders are using video. And two thirds are planning to increase their investment in video in the coming year. But are they doing it right?
A new report from Heinz Marketing shows that video is a staple in today’s modern marketing toolkit, with more companies using video at every stage of the sales funnel.
But 80% of people surveyed agreed the challenges of tracking lead conversion and pipeline conversion make it difficult to show ROI.
To truly reap the rewards of a modern B2B video program, the report suggests keeping these key considerations in mind:
- Video plays a role in every stage of the buyer’s journey. Companies that are using video well, use it across the entire sales funnel – from explainer videos and product tutorials to customer testimonials.
- Quality not quantity. Focus on what you truly want your videos to be about, what you want them to say, and what you want your audience to take away from them.
- Think about the scalability of your video program. Video takes time, resources and budget.
- Data drives everything. Revenue performance metrics are the most challenging to track but they are also the most important for company leadership.
- Be human. The greatest videos show the human side of an organisation.
Video is changing the way businesses connect and communicate. Done properly, it can help marketers and sales teams to tell their stories, engage customers and personalise the customer experience.
Just don’t do video for video’s sake.