It doesn’t matter how or when a customer interacts with your brand, the experience and message should be the same. Here’s where an integrated marketing campaign comes in.
HubSpot’s Ultimate Guide to Integrated Marketing describes integrated marketing as
‘The process of arranging your different marketing channels to work in tandem to promote your products or services.’
In other words, creating a cohesive and consistent brand experience for your customer. It can also remove some of the silos common in traditional marketing to present a united front.
Whether you are launching a new service, rolling out a new tagline or completely re-branding, integrated campaigns are impactful for a few reasons:
- They reach a wider audience than a single marketing channel.
- They have a greater chance of being seen on multiple channels, thus keeping your brand top-of-mind and pushing visitors closer to conversion.
- They build trust with visitors as they see a consistent message on multiple channels.
- They save you money since assets can be shared between and re-purposed for different marketing channels and, depending on your campaign, customers can help you market your product or service for you.
As you put together your integrated campaign, think about:
- Setting an overarching campaign goal
- Selecting channels (and deciding what you want to achieve from each)
- Defining your customer personas
- Creating adaptable marketing assets and messaging
- Establishing a plan for collecting leads
- Measuring your campaign
Although there is undoubtedly more planning time needed for an integrated campaign, when done right it can turn a simple campaign into a multi-channel movement, capturing new customers and building your brand recognition.